Bulk Change Attachment Parent allows you to easily change the parent of one or more attachments (uploads).
Do you use Flowplayer on your website and have any additional configuration parameters? If so, can you please leave a comment on this post saying in what way you have customized the player (autoplay, etc. etc.).
I’m currently recoding my Video Quicktags plugin to use Flowplayer and I need to know what configuration options I need to allow the user to specify. I’m new to the player, so I don’t want to leave anything out that a lot of users will want to use. (I already have support for the commercial version on my todo list.)
For security reasons, the UI to enable oEmbed’s discovery ability was removed from WordPress today. It’d be too easy for a novice to accidentally embed some bad HTML into their blog if they posted the URL to a malicious website.
However if you know what you’re doing, feel free to install my Enable oEmbed Discovery plugin which will re-enable the feature.
I am in the early stages on recoding my Viper’s Video Quicktags plugin from scratch and in the process I will be replacing JW Player with a free and open-source alternative. JW Player is really great, but sadly it’s released under a non-commercial license which just won’t do.
So please, if you know of any good Flash players that will do FLV, MP4, etc. please leave a comment with a link!
Here’s my list so far of players to compare and pick between: (I’ll update this list with suggestions)
I threw together a widget for my blog that displays the short URL to a post or page and since multiple expressed interest in using it on their own site, I’ve decided to release it. My YOURLS: Short URL Widget plugin will add a widget (Appearance -> Widgets) that will only show up on individual posts or pages and will output content of your choosing, including the short URL to that item as generated by the YOURLS: WordPress to Twitter plugin which is required for my widget to do anything.
I’ve released a new version of my SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin. It’s not a recode of the plugin, however it is a major overhaul of the plugin. It features an update to the highlighting package (with new languages and parameters) and other various things. Here’s the full changelog:
Major overhaul, mainly to extend flexibility so that this plugin could be used on WordPress.com without actual code modification (only actions/filters are used instead to modify it).
- Updated SyntaxHighlighter package to v2.1.364. Highlights of the changelog include:
- ColdFusion brush (aliases:
- Erlang brush (aliases:
- Objective-C brush (aliases:
- Eclipse theme
padlinenumbersparameter. Set it to
falsefor no line number padding,
truefor automatic padding, or an integer (number) for forced padding.
rbalias for Ruby
- Commenters can now use this plugin to post code.
- Plugin’s shortcodes now work inside of the text widget again. Requires WordPress 2.9+ though.
- Overhaul of the TinyMCE plugin that assists in keeping your code sound when switching editor views. Thanks to Andrew Ozz!
- This plugin’s stylesheets are now dynamically loaded. If they aren’t needed, they aren’t loaded.
- Lots of sanitization of shortcode attributes. Invalid keys/values are no longer used.
- Chinese translation thanks to Hinker Liu. Will need updating for v2.3.0.
- New filter to control what shortcodes are registered. Used by WordPress.com to trim down the number of them.
- Saving of user’s settings is now done using
register_setting()instead of manually handing
- By default, a post meta is used to mark posts as being encoded using the 2.x encoding format. This is bad for a site like WordPress.com. You can use the new
syntaxhighlighter_pre_getcodeformatfilter to return
2(based on say
SyntaxHighlighter:get_code_format()for more details. Don’t forget to
remove_action( 'save_post', array(&$SyntaxHighlighter, 'mark_as_encoded'), 10, 2 );to stop the post meta from being added.
syntaxhighlighter_precodefilter to modify raw code before it’s highlighted.
syntaxhighlighter_democodefilter to modify example code on the settings page.